Welcome to Evidence Based Physical Activities !
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Education (SNAP-Ed) is a federally funded grant program that supports evidence -based program that helps target audience establish healthy eating habits and a physically active lifestyle.
Do you know the important of walking ?
1. Increase cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness.
2. .Reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
3. Improved management of conditions such as high blood pressure, joint and muscular pain or diabetes, etc
4. Stronger bones and improved balance
5. Increased muscle strength and endurance
6. Reduced body fat
This program is funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Self-Help for the Elderly is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Photo credit: 迷花不事君 (http://cc.nphoto.net/view/2008/10424.shtml) [CC BY-SA 2.5 cn (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/cn/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons